[bct] Radio shack 33-3028 not available

  • From: "Debee Norling" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:30:00 -0800

A few months ago, in one of my casts, I raved about the Radio Shack 33-3028
hands-free tie-clip electric mic. Then it was going to be discontinued, and
some stores had discounted it down to $16.99.

Well, it is now, really really discontinued. Mine broke and in attempting to
purchase another I called around ten stores. At one of them a friendly
manager explained that it was no longer in the system. In fact, he said if
his store still had one in stock he'd have to throw it in the trash because
he had no way of entering it in to the system in order to sell it.

Beware of the very similar and still available radio shack 33-3013. This is
also an electret mic, with the battery box, but for some silly reason it is
only mono. Uses the same wind screens though. Why they would discontinue the
stereo and keep the mono mic is anyone's guess.

By the way Radio shack will be closing 400 stores by September due to a big
reorg and a scandal with their last CEO who lied on his resume about his
education.

So look for radio shack products to show up on those surplus sites. I set up
a persistent ebay search for the 33-3028 which made the best recordings for
under $30 that I ever heard.

--Debee