[bct] Re: RSS Publishing Confusion

  • From: Matt Campbell <mattcampbell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 22:05:06 -0500

Hello David,

It appears that the site consists of static content, specifically static HTML. To ease RSS feed maintenance and for other reasons, you may find it helpful to use a dynamic, database-driven content management system. Which content management systems are available to you depends on what scripting languages and database back-ends your web host provides. If your web host provides PHP, then some possibilities include WordPress, phpWebSite, Drupal, and Textpattern. I don't have URL's handy for all of these, but you should be able to find them on Google. Unfortunately, I don't know which one to recommend, since I haven't done much serious work on a web site like this. So check them out and decide for yourself which one works best for you.

If your current web host doesn't provide the necessary features to run a content management system, then you should consider switching to a different web host. Any of the web hosting companies that offer Linux-based hosting with PHP and MySQL should work.