[bct] Re: R1 discontinuation

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:34:06 -0600

Beth, we don't know the answer to that one either.  I have talked to
about 5 places that sell the Edirol.  None of them even know when the
new one is coming out.  Sound professionals said in April, but I got
them to admit that this was a guess based on when it was first shown.
If I had to guess, I would guess that they will discontinue the r-1
because they will now have two products in about the same price range,
but this is only a guess.  The other question is, will they drop the
price of the r-1 if, in fact, it will be discontinued.  Once again, I
don't know and if I wanted one, I'm not sure I would wait for an unknown
price drop.  A couple people I talked with said they thought the mike
pre-amps and other electronics probably would be about the same as the
r-1 because they thought one would have to raise the price of the r-9 to
get better electronics, but this is also a guess.  People seem to be
guessing about a lot of things.  I have seen the retail price at
somewhere around $450 and the actual purchase price at about $399.  But
who knows if this is true or not.  So, nothing I have said has shed any
light on the subject because, at this point, there is little light to be