[bct] Question on Olympus Digital Recorders

  • From: "Kelly Ford" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:22:58 -0800

Hello All,

Apologies if this has previously been asked on the list since I joined just
a few days ago.  I have listened to the various reviews on digital voice
recorders and am giving serious consideration to purchasing the Olympus DS2.
I'm leaving on a trip in a few days and want something to record some audio
and can get this product locally.

I was wondering how products like the Olympus DM 20, which seems to combine
a music player with voice recorder, compare with the straight Olympus DS2?
If the recording functions are the same I'd be interested in combining the
two abilities into a single product.

Also, if anyone has suggestions on a good microphone for picking up sounds
from the environment around me I'd appreciate hearing them.  Again due to my
lateness it likely has to be something I can either pick up locally in the
Seattle area or buy online.