[bct] Re: Question about recording times in DS-2

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:06:26 -0400

The DS2 only gives you 1 hour at top quality 128 kbps.  The ws200s gives
you 4 hours, but it is only at 64 kbps.  You can double that by
switching to mono.  The sound is not really bad, it is just noticeably
less than what you get on the DS2.

>>> jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:51:34 PM >>>
In reading the manual, it appears that stereo SP mode will give 2 hours
minutes of recording time. I assume this samples at 64K instead of
128K. Is
this correct? If so, it would lengthen the record time for special
situations without seriously degrading the sound quality. While the
sound isn't great, it is at least acceptable in my opinion. How much
degradation is there in some of the slower speeds?

Jamie Pauls, MT-BC