[bct] Re: Question about digital voice recorders

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:10:03 -0800

Dan,

The DS2 bit rate is 128K and I always use 44,100 and 16 bit sample size to do podcasts. I have done podcasts with both the 320 and the DS2. If you listen to the first part of my review of the WS320 you'll be able to hear the difference between the two machines since I took parts of the podcast from both machines, although I am afraid the whole bunch got blended into one podcast in an MP3 file with the same 128K 16 bit and 44,100 specs. The numbers are right but I always get the terms confused. As I told Kai, time for me to go back to Rob's explanations again. (sigh)

Mary