[bct] Re: Question about digital voice recorders

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 06:55:47 -0800

The WS200 does not play MP3 files, and it has less memory so you can hold less
recorded material in the WS200. I own the WS320M and it has a gigabyte of
memory and will play MP3 files although it will only record WMA files. The
WS200's recording sampling rate (I think that's the term) is only 64k, where,
by contrast, the DS2's sampling rate is 128k which means the DS2 has a better
stereo sound with a bit more high and low to it, which adds a little more
polish to the recording. I also own the DS2 and I don't notice much difference
between the DS2 and WS320M recordings.

Also, note that the WS300, 310 and 320 all have the same design and generally
use the same instruction manual. The main difference among them is the size of
memory. The 320M has 1 gigabyte, the 310M has 512 meg, and the 300 has 256 meg.
I am not sure if the 300 has M after the number or not; if not, then it won't
play MP3 files.

Mary