[bct] Question Regarding Guide Dogs

  • From: Robert.Martin@xxxxxxx
  • To: Blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:46:11 -0600 (CDT)

I have enjoyed hearing Larry's walks home with Jake.  I am not a
guidedog user but have considered the possibility of getting one.  I
did have a question regarding how the dogs do in climates where there
is a good deal of winter weather.  I live in Iowa and, although this
winter has been rather mild for the upper Midwest, we currently have
about four and a half inches  of snow on the ground with temperatures
a few degrees below zero.  That started me thinking about how well the
dogs can work on cold snowy winter days.  Can they do an effective job
as a guide in such weather?  Any feedback from any of you would be
much appreciated.

Bob Martin