[bct] Re: Q-chord podcast

  • From: "Lynnette" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:14:21 -0500

True, Mary,
But fads are still fun!  <smile>

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mary Emerson
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 8:42 AM
  Subject: [bct] Re: Q-chord podcast

  Shane and list,

  I heard the Q-Chord podcast but this isn't the sort of instrument I would
want, because I much prefer keyboards on which I can create my own chords. I
wonder if the Q-Chord is a bit of a gimmicky instrument; years ago, there was
something called the Omni-Chord and it was a big deal back then; but it went
out of fashion, and I doubt anyone owns one of those these days. There seems to
be an ongoing effort to create new instruments that are a bit of a gimmick or
fad. In the 1920s it was the Piano-lin, sort of a combination of a piano and a
violin; in the 18th and 19th centuries there were glass tubes filled with
liquid that produced tones when touched in a certain way. These types of
instruments go in and out of fashion, and after just a decade or so, they
become items for the museum. Not to dissuade you, but it's something I've
noticed over the years.

  Mary Emerson
  E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Skype name: mkemerson