[bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:39:59 -0500

Frank, sometimes, the Social Security Administration can be totally intractable. There are attorneys specializing in ssi cases. They get a fixed percentage by law, about 30%, I think. If all other avenues fail, you should consider this. Remember, there is a statue of limitations on claims, though I forget what it is just now.

Warning: Current federal case law says that there is no attorney-client privilege with administrative law cases. This means that your attorney can be forced to disclose anything he or she knows about you that might prejudice your case against you. It is a shame, but in federal administrative law, you can no longer reveal anything to your attorney that might be used against you. The Supreme Court has upheld this travesty, sadly.

Dan