[bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  • From: "Frank Lizarde" <flizarde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:49:25 -0800

Hi Angie,
That's sweet of you to answer my call.
Everything is worth a try.
Will give it a looksy.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Angie Matney
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:41 PM
  Subject: [bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  You might try contacting your state Protection and Advocacy agency. The P&A's
are kind of like disability-rights law firms. In certain cases, they can
provide advocacy and/or legal representation in situations similar to yours.
(This was what I did in my previous job. Maybe I will talk about the P&A system
in a podcast at some point, because I think it is underutilized in the
blindness community.) To find your P&A, go to www.ndrn.org. They may or may not
be able to help you, but it would definitely be worth a try.

  --Original Message Text---
  From: Frank Lizarde
  Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:31:39 -0800

  Maybe this isn't the place to ask this, but I know that there's allot of
good, knowledgeable, and caring people on this list.
  Does anyone have any info that would help me with a problem with SSI?
  It's not a big problem, only 29000 dollars worth!
  Ouch, ouch, and triple ouch!
  I don't want to get to personal on this list, but I don't know who to turn
to, or maybe if there's an agency that helps with these kind of things.
  Sad and concerned face!
  Please, hel'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'p!