[bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:43:16 -0600

I might get booted off the llist for saying what I am about to say, but I can handle that especially because my inbox has over 400 unread messages today, LOL! But part of the problem here is that certain people don't bother to think outside the box and come to realize that there are varying needs, even among the blindness population. I don't know why this is, but it is preventing a lot of us whose needs may be slightly different than the average blind or visually-impaired person, from seeking any kind of a life. For instance, I personally cannot understand why blindness can only be reduced to the level of a mere physical nuisance, when over 70% of us are unemployed. But I guess I'm getting rather philosophical here aren't I? I'm not blaming any one person for this, but if all this bickering among blind people continues, nothing is going to get done.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>