[bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  • From: "Frank Lizarde" <flizarde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:49:57 -0800

MessageThanks Bill,
I'm hanging on!
Frank
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Belew
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:40 PM
  Subject: [bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  Hi Mary,

  Just wanted to remind you that you can only get SSDI if you have paid into
Social Security.  I'm not sure if that is absolute, but I do know that someone
who has only worked for a short time and paid very little into Social Security
will get a very small amount through SSDI.

  I'm much more bothered by those who make well over $90,000 per year--the
point at which you stop paying into Social Security--and still collect Social
Security.  Personally, I think there should be means testing for receiving
Social Security.

  My advice to Frank is to hang in there and follow through on the bureaucratic
process.  It is very frustrating, but I have seen it work out in the client's
favor more times than not in the end.

  Bill