[bct] Re: Problem with SSI!

  • From: "Angie Matney" <armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:41:53 -0500

You might try contacting your state Protection and Advocacy agency. The P&A's
are kind of like disability-rights law
firms. In certain cases, they can provide advocacy and/or legal representation
in situations similar to yours. (This was
what I did in my previous job. Maybe I will talk about the P&A system in a
podcast at some point, because I think it is
underutilized in the blindness community.) To find your P&A, go to
www.ndrn.org. They may or may not be able to help
you, but it would definitely be worth a try.

--Original Message Text---
From: Frank Lizarde
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:31:39 -0800

Maybe this isn't the place to ask this, but I know that there's allot of good,
knowledgeable, and
caring people on this list.
Does anyone have any info that would help me with a problem with SSI?
It's not a big problem, only 29000 dollars worth!
Ouch, ouch, and triple ouch!
I don't want to get to personal on this list, but I don't know who to turn to,
or maybe if there's an
agency that helps with these kind of things.
Sad and concerned face!
Please, hel'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'l'p!