[bct] Re: Postal carriers and web braille

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:21:00 -0400

Marsha, I would not suggest your incident did not happen, but I will insist that it was not due to the book, rather, to the fact that the person was in very poor health and climbing the stairs probably was the proverbial straw. I am curious, just how much did the package weigh? One requirement for a postal carrier, according to the web site, is to be able to lift 50 pound packages. If they are in such frail health that climbing stairs with such a package kills them, something is vastly wrong with the system and one wonders why they were not given lighter duties.