[bct] Possibly OT, Help with scanning in foreign languages

  • From: "Maria L" <raynbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "A list for blind and low vision translators and interpreters andtheir interested professors" <theroundtable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:11:55 -0500

Since not all these lists are strictly techie, or having to do with foreign language material, I'll try to keep this brief.
Basically I have a book that's partially in Dutch and am using Microsoft Document Scanning and Imaging as my scanner solution. I've tried both Openbook and Kurzweil but due to various factors neither is on my system at this time and I don't have access to them easily.
So I want to change my OCR language to Dutch so I can actually get a decent scan, except that it's not showing up in my list of available languages. I've gone through the office language settings, I've changed regional settings, and still it is not there.
If anyone has any idea how I might get this to work, please feel free to Email me at raynbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx so I can keep the off topicness to a minimum.
Thanks for any help, Maria

Websites of Interest:
The Very Interesting Website of my Fiance
http://.andrelouis.com
The Beyond Radio Network
http://tbrn.net
My Livejournal