[bct] Podcasting questions

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:46:26 -0500

I seem to have difficulty finding direct and concise answers to my podcasting questions. I figure that this might be a good place to ask.

How do I host the mp3 files myself if I want to do this and have a large disk and a high speed connection?

If I do not have this, or am unwilling to dedicate it to that purpose, can I beg, borrow, steal or purchase space from someplace to put the podcast mp3 files on? How do I create the xml necessary to allow people to subscribe to the casts?

I will produce some personal ones that will end up on Larry's site, maybe one about making espresso and another about Japanese cooking, but I need to locate some for professional purposes, too, and that would be inappropriate for Larry's site.

I tried the digicast project and could not find simple answers to these questions, any help or direction to straightforward instructions would be highly appreciated.

Chocolate at five, Scotch at six,