[bct] Re: Podcast quality

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:37:52 -0400

Rick, since I started this subject line, let me chime in. I never said that people with low end equipment should not produce podcasts or be worried about their quality. I said that it was encumbent on each of us to make the best podcasts with the equipment that we do have.

There is no denying that a $4500 fancy digital recorder and $1000 microphone will outperform an Olympus any model, but that is not the point. Each person, using whatever they can afford, can make a good podcast that is valuable and contributes to knowledge or general enjoyment. Content and interest are more important than expensive gear.

I was urging that we not dismiss the need for quality, but use what we have to do the very best we can.