[bct] Re: Podcast on degunking Windows

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:02:08 -0700

Yep, been there done that too,  We were just talking about our nearly $700
purchase of a hard drive for the Kaypro machine, a 10 mg hard drive that had
to be divided into five parts to be used, a "mini winni" drive.  I can say
one thing for the Kaypro, the keyboard was a dream to work on, and it worked
flawlessly for four years even in the house when it was over 90 degrees when
I was forced to use it during a hot spell when it was way to early to start
up the cooling system.  I only replaced that unit to get speech in 1987 with
an XT machine using Video Voice to get speech on an old Echo GP and a 20 MG
hard drive and when that XT was in its death fros Spin Write came to the
rescue so I could at least get some documents off the machine to floppies.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx