[bct] Re: Podcast on degunking Windows

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 01:50:48 -0500

Man do I remember SpinRite.  It was an amazing program, especially in the
dos days.  I've seen SpinRite bring a seemingly dead drive back to life.
That was back when my 20meg Seagate drive cost $350.  Yes I said meg not gig
for those younger folks out there. SpinRite would take hours to run, but it
performed miracles.

I am certainly no expert, but I can say I have never had to run anything
like Disk Doctor or chkdsk since I have been using NTFS.  The only thing I
keep running in the background in set it and forget it mode is Diskeeper
which keeps my drives perfectly defragmented.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro