[bct] Re: Podcast on comparing JAWS and Window-Eyes

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 08:11:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mary,

  Part of my spiritual work is as a healer.  Part of it is simply knowing how
to use energy transfers - sort of Reiki on steroids, if you will.  However,
much of the healing work a true spiritual healer does has nothing to do with
causing miracles, it is to bring the person back into balance with themselves
and their spirituality - or as the Navajo would say, to walk with beauty.

  I never ask anyone if they have faith - faith is immaterial.   I ask them
what is wrong,  I feel their aura.  We talk about what is going on in their
lives.  Then I help them get into balance emotionally and spiritually - it does
not matter what their spiritual path is. I work with people on an energetic
level and don't claim to replace lost legs or cure anything.  I help with pain
of the body, soul, and mind and I do my best to give people hope and equanimity
to meet the furture on their own terms.

  A person who is calm and unafraid to face their future is easier to help with
anything from cancer to a headache.  Headaches are easy deal with, cancer is
something I can only provide some pain relief and spiritual and emotional
healing for.  I don't claim to be some sort of miracle woman, only the typical
old village wise woman.

  We who do reach out to help others need to be careful about how it is done.
Bringing a person back to their center, back to an appreciation of the beauty
in the world around them is a gentle and often slow process and when it is done
they may still be dying, but they can die with joy and peace - or they may
transcend pain and go on to live vibrant lives.  We all have our mission here -
and sometimes the mission is to give others the chance to care for those who
are ill.  Hence, someone with no legs will still have no legs, but his mission
is to teach others that behind the prosthetic limbs is a person who is a
manifestation of deity on earth and that is the best of all outcomes.

  Slithy

Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Rose,

  Next time someone tells you that you don't have enough faith, ask them two
questions:

  1) How much is enough?

  and

  2) If some of those faith healers are so good, why aren't they volunteering
in hospitals?

  This is pretty radical, coming from me, since I am a Christian, but I have
really had it with faith healers, healing services, and people who seem to
think that once you begin believing, your brain should go into permanent
hibernation. Part of the reason I don't go to church any more is the old
numbers, nickels and noise thing; how much money, how many attendees, and how
big a production?

  Mary