[bct] Re: Podcast on comparing JAWS and Window-Eyes

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 19:19:50 -0700

I had been given some gift certificates for one of the higher-end stores in
the area, a store I generally do not shop at.  My husband and I had looked
at clothes but everything seemed very expensive for what you were getting,
paying $50 for a T-shirt just did not do anything for me.  The perfume
counter is another story.  I was going to see if I could get a different
scent, and we asked to see something.  the clerk grabbed a card, slapped me
in the face with it and said that is what it smells like.  Well, I left the
store, gave the gift certificates to a co-worker for a favor and have never
been back to that store, but, before I left I did ask to see the manager.  I
don't know what happened to the clerk, but, I do know a couple of customers
overheard my explaining to the manager why I was leaving and they left too.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx