[bct] Re: Podcast on comparing JAWS and Window-Eyes

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:59:55 -0500

MessageHere here, Neal.  I like how you think.  I just don't understand why
folks want to cram everyone into the same mold.  Why can't they live and let
live?  If God wanted us all to look the same and think alike, , He would have
ordained it that way; don't you think?  There is a saying in Spanish, "Para los
gustos hicieron los colores".  The translation, as near as I can get it, says
that different colors were made so each person can  choose which they prefer.

and on the subject of church folks, some of them are the reason I chose to stop
attending church when I was about 12.  My mom belonged to a fundamentalist
church all of her life, and every time there was a calling for healing, someone
would pull me up to the front.  After a while, as soon as I heard the first
words of the call, I started hiding under the bench, or slipping out to the
ladies room.  they would say that I was not a child of God, and that he would
never heal me.  Can you imagine saying such a thing to a child?  And, now that
my mom has Alzheimer's and is unable to attend church, do any of those people
come to sit and visit with her?  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get carried away,
but it just makes me so sad and mad at the same time.

Maria