[bct] Re: Podcast on comparing JAWS and Window-Eyes

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:10:30 -0800 (PST)

  Every state should have an ombudsperson to deal with complaints about 
agencies.  I've disarticulated Mass Rehab a couple of times and had one 
ombudswoman suggest I apply for a job advocating for clients who are abused by 
state agencies.
  I had a good VR counselor in Idaho.  I was really sad when Mr. Maughn died - 
the fact I can remember his name over all these years says something about the 
impact he had in my life.  I had a good VR counselor in Alaska - his name was 
Ira - which also says something about him.  The rest have been very bad.  I can 
hardly believe how bad they are it is so bad. 
  As a former state employee (Alaska/Idaho) I hold state employees to a higher 
standard than most of them can attain - the same standard I held myself to - 
  Call the governor's office in your state and ask to speak to an ombudsman.  
If they don't have one, call the local legal services corporation and see if 
you can find a P.A.D.D. representative in your area.  Someone needs to give the 
agency a swift kick in the rear.  You can give your mother a power of attorney 
and they cannot refuse to talk with her - take it from an old social worker.   

Other related posts: