[bct] Re: Podcast on comparing JAWS and Window-Eyes

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 00:10:43 -0600

Thanks, I don't think I could have said it better.  I do have one other point
however.  I got the impression that the presenter felt that the listener should
believe everything that he said simply based on the fact that he teaches
adaptive technology.  I see a lot of trainers who use that approach, and it
really isn't fair to the listener because it gives the listener the impression
right off the bat that you will be fair handed in your evaluation of the
products, and this was not the case in this particular podcast.

I think both packages have some very good features, and they both have some
weaknesses.  I do have to say that I am starting to see a growing number of
people who have been working in the access technology field for many years
starting to use Window-Eyes as their speech software of choice.  And, we have
started recommending more copies of it at our agency lately.  I own both, and I
use both.  But, I would not want to be the judge of which is best at this point
since I really believe that I would be biased because I use one much more than
the other, and habits are hard to break.