[bct] Re: Podcast Question

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:46:31 -0600

Yep, this would work quite well, as it would give the file a nice voiceover kind of touch.
Just be sure to use the right kind of voiceover settings, because at least in sound forge, some of the presets can give your voiceover some rrather undesirable effects.

At 04:05 PM 2/26/2006, you wrote:

You could record what you want, and paste mix it in the file at the point you want.
ON 2/26/2006 at 16:04 Matt Roberts said
I have a Podcast called Live Remote. IN this Podcast, I am going places and
giving you a sense of what it is like to be there. There are going to be
times when I may just have to record, but not describe what's happening till
later. The descriptions will be recorded in a quiet environment. Is there
a way I can take the descriptions and insert them in the live recording
where I want them, but not lose the atmosphere?
For example if I am on a bus and I record the automated announcement say,
"You are now entering Seminole County." then I want to explain where the bus
is located at that point, but I want it to appear that I'm talking to you on
the bus. To explain this stuff at that point, would make me look crazy
unless the bus passengers and the driver know what I'm doing. Is there a
way I can do what I want in Sound Forge?

By the way, the recorder is on order!

                              Matt Roberts