[bct] Re: Podcast Question

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:29:36 -0600

That depends on what audio client you use.  In the case of the one I use,
(Adobe Audition 1.5) there is not a bit of degradation because of the fact
that, when you open an mp3 file in this client, the file is virtually
converted in to a .wav file so you can perform what is called "non
destructive editing on it.  Then, when you've finished, you can save the new
version as a .wav file and save a copy as an mp3 file with no noticeable
difference.  This is especially true if you make a .wav file from the new
version then close the original mp3 file, then re-open the new .wav file and
then re-save everything.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray