[bct] Re: Plugins, Skins?

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:41:53 -0800

Greetings Dana.

If the Plug-In and Skins are in reference to Winamp, they don't apply to
the file at all. A Plug-In offers additional functionality that the
developers elected not to spend time on, but that they allowed others to
make. Winamp has an open API (Application programming interface), so
that people can design plug-ins to fill in gaps that the developers
chose not to (anything from joystick control, surround sound, audio
effects processing, karaoke... you name it).
Skins are simply visual layouts of the Winamp application window. For
accessibility, I recommend that you stick with the "classic" skin, which
is designed to be accessible.

Kai