[bct] Re: Please Read: My Experience with 1and1 Internet, Inc.

  • From: "tiffany black" <tifflblack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:30:45 -0700

Ouch! I'll definitely steer clear of that.

Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:33:55 +0200
From: "1&1 Internet Inc." <billing@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Reminder 05/22/2006
To: drunkenmonkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Chetan Bakhru,

Our declined debit note informed you of the current amount due to your
customer account, and we politely requested settlement.

Unfortunately, we have not to this date received payment.

If we do not receive payment within 7 calendar days we will have no
alternative but freeze your account and to transfer this matter to a debt
collection agency and/or terminate your account in accordance with our terms
and conditions. In addition to any agency costs there will be a service
charge of $18.95 added to your outstanding amount.

Go to https://admin.1and1.com, and log in to the Control Panel with your
customer ID or a domain name assigned to one of your packages and your
password. On the My Account page, please click on 'User Settings' > 'Credit
Card Details'. After updating your credit card information, click on 'Save'.

Please double check/update your credit card details in the 'User Settings'
of your control panel and contact our Customer Service via email at
billing@xxxxxxxxx or by phone at 1-877-300-8316 from 9am - 5pm ET Mon - Fri
to resolve this matter amicably.

For further details, please find attached a payment reminder in pdf
electronic format. It can be opened and printed with the help of the program
Acrobat Reader (download Acrobat reader:

If you have any billing-related questions, our billing department can be
reached at 1-877-300-8316 Monday through Friday (except
9am to 5pm EST. We will be happy to help you clear up any questions you may
have, as quickly as possible.

Your 1&1 Team

What the hell is this? I successfully canceled my account, and a week later
their sending a threatening letter saying that if they don't receive
payment, they're gonna send my account to a collection agency? So, I tried
logging in to the cancelation web site, and it says my customer ID cannot be
found. So, obviously the account was deleted. How could I change any credit
card info like they said to do in the e-mail? Warning: Be careful, this
company will keep billing you, even if you signed up for a one-year plan
only and you did not request for your package to be renewed automatically...
they keep your credit card info on file even with canceled accounts, and
once you sign up with them you're all theirs. So, I just called them today,
05/23/2006. I speak to the billing department, and the guy told me that the
invoice hadn't been paid yet but that it had not yet been declined. At this
point I was really pissed off.
Who ever works at this company is not properly trained to keep track of
billing records. Either that, or they're automated billing system has major
flaws. So, upset, I asked him what to do. He said "well, let me see what I
can find out"
and he then put me on hold for about 12 minutes. He then came back and said,
"sorry to keep you waiting sir, I couldn't track down any records of an
e-mail having been sent to you; I spoke to several people in my department,
so I went ahead and canceled that invoice and you should be all cleared now.
You won't be charged for the service any more". Now, folks, I really hope
this is true. I hope I don't receive a letter from BFS Finance in two or
three months saying I am "seriously overdue". I've heard worse... If you
search Google for "1and1 cancel" without the quotes, you'll find similar
stories to mine.

The bottom line is, please, whatever you do, never, ever go near this