[bct] Re: Please Read: My Experience with 1and1 Internet, Inc.

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:40:23 -0400

Hi,

just call your credit card company and report the fraud.  You'll get
credited the amount back most likely.

Rick

=======

Contact Information:

Skype ID: rharmon928
MSN ID: rharmon928@xxxxxxxxxxx
Email: rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 330-724-6093
Location: Akron, Ohio USA

blind_geek_zone

seeing people towards them."
- Helen Keller, 1925

Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:33:55 +0200
From: "1&1 Internet Inc." <billing@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Reminder 05/22/2006
To: drunkenmonkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Chetan Bakhru,

Our declined debit note informed you of the current amount due to your
customer account, and
we politely requested settlement.

Unfortunately, we have not to this date received payment.

If we do not receive payment within 7 calendar days we will have no
alternative but freeze your
account and to transfer this matter to a debt collection agency and/or
terminate your account in
accordance with our terms and conditions. In addition to any agency
costs there will be a service
charge of $18.95 added to your outstanding amount.

Go to https://admin.1and1.com, and log in to the Control Panel with
your
customer ID or a domain name assigned to one of your packages and your
password. On the My Account page, please click on 'User Settings' >
'Credit Card Details'. After updating your credit card information,
click on 'Save'.

Please double check/update your credit card details in the 'User
Settings'
of your control panel and contact our Customer Service via email at
billing@xxxxxxxxx
or by phone at 1-877-300-8316 from 9am - 5pm ET Mon - Fri to resolve
this matter amicably.

For further details, please find attached a payment reminder in pdf
electronic format. It can be opened and printed with the help of the
program
Acrobat Reader (download Acrobat reader:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).

If you have any billing-related questions, our billing department
can be reached at 1-877-300-8316 Monday through Friday (except
holidays)
9am to 5pm EST. We will be happy to help you clear up any questions you
may
have, as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Your 1&1 Team
www.1and1.com

What the hell is this? I successfully canceled my account, and a week later
their sending a threatening letter saying that if they don't receive
payment,
they're gonna send my account to a collection agency? So, I tried logging in
the cancelation web site, and it says my customer ID cannot be found. So,
obviously the account was deleted. How could I change any credit card info
like
they said to do in the e-mail? Warning: Be careful, this company will keep
billing you, even if you signed up for a one-year plan only and you did not
request for your package to be renewed automatically... they keep your
credit
card info on file even with canceled accounts, and once you sign up with
them
you're all theirs. So, I just called them today, 05/23/2006. I speak to the
billing department, and the guy told me that the invoice hadn't been paid
yet
but that it had not yet been declined. At this point I was really pissed
off.
Who ever works at this company is not properly trained to keep track of
billing
records. Either that, or they're automated billing system has major flaws.
So,
upset, I asked him what to do. He said "well, let me see what I can find
out"
and he then put me on hold for about 12 minutes. He then came back and said,
"sorry to keep you waiting sir, I couldn't track down any records of an
e-mail
having been sent to you; I spoke to several people in my department, so I
went
ahead and canceled that invoice and you should be all cleared now. You won't
be
charged for the service any more". Now, folks, I really hope this is true. I
hope I don't receive a letter from BFS Finance in two or three months saying
am "seriously overdue". I've heard worse... If you search Google for "1and1
cancel" without the quotes, you'll find similar stories to mine.

The bottom line is, please, whatever you do, never, ever go near this
company.

Chetan