[bct] Personal podcasts versus technical podcasts

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:53:56 -0600

Not really a good subject, but one suggestion might be to make podcasts
that are more likely to contain the information people need.  For
example, I might be making a podcast on a particular recorder and the
cat from next door who has slipped noiselessly into my house as it often
does and jumps into my lap interrupts the podcast.  So, I spend a few
minutes talking to the cat.  Some people like this, because it is more
natural.  I tend to like the podcasts about cats and other things as a
podcast about cats and other things and the podcast about recorders to
cover the subject without a lot of interruptions.  This makes the
information easier to come by.  On the other hand, people can still get
in their personal lives by doing a podcast on their cat, or scotch
drinking parrot.  I don't think there can be a hard and fast law on
this, perhaps I'm just stating my own preferences.  I think another
reason these interruptions happen and remain in the podcasts is that not
everyone has the ability to stop the recorder, take out the cat part,
and then edit the parts about the recorder or whatever together.  So, I
can certainly be mindful of that.  But if you are one who is simply
trying to find out information on the subject of the podcast, be it cats
or recorders, one might want to have that information presented in as
logical and uninterrupted manner as possible.

This is not a directive.  First of all, I'm not the director here.  It's
just a thought about a way to make things more efficient, and if this is
not the way people want to go, then I'll figure out how to skip the
parts of podcasts I don't need and go to the meat of the subject.

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone:  608-277-1995
Toll Free:  888-544-8332