[bct] Re: Perhaps be warned. : Free calls to any phone within the US and Canada with Skype

  • From: "Onj" <onj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:52:40 +0100

I could try, though I put together a really quick and easy tutorial on the
subject.
Skype is definitely not comprable to teamtalk, I'll just say that now.
Teamtalk does not do phone calls, so I do still use skype for that.  The
fact that I have a number in the states is proof of that fact.
It's just different products that's all.  All the pointlessness on this list
about which is better is exactly that.  Pointlessness.  Though I prefer
teamtalk, fake proselytizing won't do anything apart from make people think
you're force-feeding them something they don't care about anyway.
I certainly don't care what people use, because it's a free world and
preference is important.
If you like one on one communications, that's great.  Skype is for you then,
isn't it?
However if you like to communicate with a group of people and have full
duplex, ventrilo or teamtalk is better for that purpose.  Though skype can
do that, I certainly would not find myself using it for that because I just
don't like the quality of the codec they have chosen to use.  Again,
preference.  That and as many people have pointed out, it's a memmory hog.
I will continue to update and keep my phone number current, it has it's many
uses, but the actual skype program in my opinion is wasteful.
It also saddens me that living in the UK, I can't make use of the free
calling to the U.S and Canada anyway, so that's yet another issue I have
with it.
If they started to do that for the UK perhaps it would have it's small uses,
though my landline phone plan and actually, my cellphone provider give me
free calls anyway.  It's just the principal of the thing though.
Anyway that's quite enough!  Point made I do believe.

Piece out and all that junk.

Andre P. Louis

 Uncopyright, free music, compositions, Web-hosting and the new look to the
beyond Radio Network?  Visit one of the sites listed below:

  Main site: http://AndreLouis.COM
My Live Journal: http://LJ.AndreLouis.COM
The Beyond Radio Network (TBRN:) http://www.TBRN.NET
Beyond hosting: http://www.tbrn.net/beyondhosting