[bct] Re: Pac Mate or BN

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:03:23 -0500

Now as I was saying before my computer so rudely interrupted me and sent my note prematurely...

For the computer-scared (not many, if any, on this list), the blindness-specific notetakers offer an easy interface that takes a bare minimum of learning to be useful and productive, yet still offer the power to actually be useful...thinking of the Braillenote/ Voicenote and its predecessors, yes, even back as far as the Keynote SL in its day. I don't know that the same can be said of the PacMate, but maybe it can.

For specific applications like GPS, I think that so far, the blindness-specific ones have the edge, being more or less optomized for pedestrian use and, besides, the off-the-shelf ones aren't very easy to use, although I must admit to being a bit put off by the high (indeed, one might say extortionary...is that a word?) prices for them.

Anyway, that was all, I think.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV       | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx   | Your phone and computer can really pay!