[bct] Re: PC shopping

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:55:00 -0800

Bill,

Those sampler and package deals can be a nuisance. My first Windows PC was an HP and I had to work like crazy to get it to work properly; HP put a lot of its rather useless proprietary stuff on there. I now have one from Cybernet, but in a year or two will get an IBM. My laptop is IBM and I like it; my workstations at the office were IBM machines since that's where I worked, and I wish I could have had one of them; it worked flawlessly. I shall probably buy another one, but fairly soon, because the Lenovo name may change the quality of the machine and how it works. Besides, there is an employee discount, and desktops can be quite inexpensive.

Mary