[bct] Re: PC shopping`

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:20:32 -0500

Beth, I used to have his and hers desktops with all kinds of gizmos attached, one day, we got tired of them and gave 'em away and purchased a pair of laptops, those Fujitsus I talk about, plus my wife got a Mac. It depends on your needs. With his audio production needs, Neal uses desktops. For school and ease of wandering around the apartment with no wires, I use a laptop and wireless router connected to the cable modem. It will depend on your needs. If you do not need the extra speed of a desktop or the possible advanced sound cards it can have or other things, like multiple disk drives or a RAID array, a laptop can surely do what you like. Personally, I am on the verge of getting a desktop for the audio production thing as it looks like I will get a contract to produce podcasts for a law school.

Dan