[bct] Re: PC shopping

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:14:04 -0500

Beth, I would always go with the local computer store for the reasons you stated. I do know somebody with the Beyond Sight and it works fine...until it doesn't. Having to send a computer off someplace for repairs is meaningless if you need it.

Another option, depending on your finances, is Fujitsu with an onsite service plan. I have this. The laptop is the best one available, in a word, it works, period. The tech support is native, meaning on shore, and they are aware of screen reading technology and will never give you a line of crap about the fault being your screen reader. If they can't fix the problem, they will send somebody out who can.

Beware of Del and Gateway, they have deteriorated and I wouldn't have one as a gift.

Scotch, where's my Scotch, Neal, did you run off with my Scotch?