[bct] Re: PC shopping`

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:26:31 -0500

I agree about the Linksys router. However, I suggest that wireless is the only way to go unless you will always have your computer next to your cable or dsl modem. Also, if security is a concern, meaning confidential client data like I have in financial planning work, you may not want that on an internet available computer, regardless of the security that is in place. I keep all such on an external drive and connect it only when my wireless card is in the off position.

But, I digress. Most of my computing is on a laptop, and having it bound to a wire would kind of defeat the point of having a laptop. For my purposes, a wireless router and a gain boost antenna, so I can take it outside, work wonderfully.

Dan