[bct] Re: PC shopping

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:09:57 -0800

Neal, I think it is good to have the at home care, but my experience of the
companies that contract with the big boys to do the on-site service is that
their technicians have some quick training in removing and installing
hardware and know next to nothing about real troubleshooting or software
problems.  Sometimes it does work out nicely though, when all they need to
do is replace some component.