[bct] Re: Opinions on purchasing a digital recorder for recording college classes?

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:57:33 -0600

Jay, I also own a Pacmate and to me, the internal mike is quite poor.  I
actually discovered that I get the best recordings with it by using an
over the ear headset microphone from some place like radio shack.  The
ones I have tried are meant to be worn over the ear, but because they
are of such a high volume gain, I often will lay them on the table in
front of me and I find I get a very nice recording.  Since you already
have the Pacmate, that may be a way to spend $20- on one of these mikes
and give it a try.  In addition, the Pacmate records wav files which are
uncompressed.  Just one of many possibilities.