[bct] Re: One really cool thing about sound forge

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:57:29 +0100

Hey folks,
Ok this is slightly off-topic for this thread but as it's about Sound forge i put it in here anyway. I own SF 6 and i now want to upgrade to 8.
1: is this possible without going through v7?
2: Is there a place on the net where i could upgrade instead of buying a new SF 8?
Thanks and once again sorry for putting this right here, the only excuse i have is that i got eager when i heard about the batch converter.:)

Neal Ewers wrote:

Hi all. People have written me off list thanking me for my podcast
comments. I meant to give a list of things I could cover at the end of
the cast, but I was running out of time.
There is one thing that really causes this software to shine perhaps
more than any one other feature. This is the batch converter. It was
in sound forge 5, but they took it out of 6 and 7 and now it is back in
8. Here is how it works.
Let's say that you had a lot of wav files you wanted to convert to MP3,
but they needed some processing before you could do that. So, perhaps
you wanted to change them all from stereo to mono, then you wanted to
get rid of some low frequency hum, and then you wanted to normalize them
and then save them as MP3 files. In sound forge, you would go into the
batch converter, select all your files, and do the processing on these
files. Not only does it do all of these steps to each file, but you can
save the batch file so that the next time you want to do all of the same
processes on one or more files, you only have to open the batch
converter, select the files you want to process and press Run, and
magically, they are all done and placed in the folder of your choice. I
can't tell you how much time this has saved me.

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone: 608-277-1995
Toll Free: 888-544-8332