[bct] Re: Olympus settings

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:55:56 -0800

Randy,

If you have the voice switch on, you can speed up the files to about twice the
normal rate; I think this is adjustable but haven't used that feature. I just
press play while a file is playing and it toggles between speeds. I am fairly
sure you can't play MP3 files in voice mode; you can only play WMA files. You
could always convert MP3 files to WMA and then download them to the WS320, but
that's sort of a long way around.

In some ways it makes sense to not speed up files in music mode because the
machine is designed as an MP3 player which, for most people, means music only.
Olympus probably didn't think the machine would be used for podcasts.

Mary