[bct] Re: Olympus recorder comparisons podcast on my ftp site

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinn.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:23:44 -0500

I had been wondering about the DM-20. I was thinking that it was
identical to the ds-2 only with double the memory. I guess not then,
since that would be newer than the ds-2. Does anybody know which one
is identical to the ds-2 then with 128 mb of memory?

I thought as far as the built-in mics go, the Ws320M sounded better
than the one on the DS-2. But I agree, with external mics, the ds-2
sounds better than the ws320M. I notice more of that swirley sound
when external mics are used with the WS320M, which is probably due to
the fact that it is recorded at 64 kbps instead of 128. I think if
they brought the WS320M up to 96 kbps recording, it would be exactly
what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the comparisons.

Pam