[bct] Olympus ds 2 vs ws series

  • From: "Bill Holton" <biho@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:21:31 -0500

I didn't get the DS 2 today, ranout of time. But now I am wondering if I might be better off with one of the WS series. I realize it doesn't have quite the fidelity as the DS, but what I wonder, are the features as easy to use? Does it have the same beeps to show record, pause, end of files. etc? Can you download other MP3 files onto the player and also use it to play them? I seem to recall in Larry's review he mentioned something about a speed control. Does this only work on the recorded files, or will it speed up a regular MP3, if they in fact can be loaded onto the player? Basically, I need a recorder for lots and lots of short hnotes I need to be able to access. Listening to and creating podcasts would just be an extra bonus. Any suggestions appreciated.