[bct] Re: Olympus WS320M Walking Podcast - Electrical Hum - Ideal Recorder?

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:52:43 -0800

Greetings Jim.

I'm assuming that, with how thin the wiring on these microphones are,
they're not shielded wires. That would open up the microphones, making
them more susceptible to interference from electromagnetic sources
(computers, etc). Maybe one of the audio hardware experts can do this
more justice, but I'm guessing that if they added a shielded wire, it'd
fix at least a few issues.