[bct] Re: Olympus WS-320M

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:51:24 -0800

Rick,

Congratulations on getting the 320! I guarantee you won't regret it. Just
remember to keep the machine separated into its two parts so that the batterys
won't drain. You might like to get a bunch of rechargeable triple-A batteries
to keep it going; nickel metal hydride with a matching charger for that battery
type would be a good idea. I only have one more alkaline triple-A left; after
that I will start using my rechargeables. By the way, Amazon has an accessible
site that doesn't quite have all the information the regular site does, but now
that your account is set up, you can order very easily if you click the right
buttons on the right pages. . The site is:
http://www.amazon.com/access

The 320 works very well for listening to podcasts, but sometimes the files are
so big that the MP3 part of the machine can't navigate in them very well, so it
goes to the next file instead, and you have to go back to the previous one and
start at the beginning again; if you can put up with that, then you'll do fine
with listening to podcasts on it. And doing podcasts is a snap! Just be sure to
send a few our way; I really enjoyed your biography but am really sorry you had
so many eye problems. Just take your time adjusting to it all, and we'll all
help you when you need it.

Mary