[bct] Olympus WS-200s

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:38:22 +0100

After readng Larry's podcast on this I was seriously thinking of buying one but
after checking with the reviews on the USA Amazon site (UK Amazon does not deal
in it) I amhaving second thoughts.  I just thought I would share this in case
anybody else is thinking of buying.  I would be interested to see if those of
you who already have one of these can confirm or denay these findings:

1. The WMA fprmat seemsed t be problematic both because you have to convert
from this to do most anything with the recording and because it is a low
quality format except at the highest quality setting.

2.  Poor interal microphone in that it picks up every handling action.

3. The most worrying issue was one reviewer who filled up the memory and so
froze the firmware with no way out.

Graham