[bct] Re: Olympus Gripes

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 05:27:04 -0800

I am sorry about your disappointment with your Olympus machine.

To clarify the Olympus WS line of machines, , there is a 200 and a 300 series.
Within the 300 series, The WS320 gives you over 30hours of recording because it
contains a gigabyte of memory; true, it records with the 64KBPS limit, but you
certainly get more than four hours of recording time with the 320. I think it's
a bit over 30, as a matter of fact. The book says it's about 36 hours, but I
rounded it up from 35 hours plus a certain number of minutes. The WS310
provides about 18 hours recording time, and the WS300 about 9 hours. I think
you were thinking of the WS200 which provides about 4 hours recording time.