[bct] Olympus DS320M recorder

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:16:22 -0700

Hi all,

I just took a quick look at the features for the DS320M and discovered it plays
MP3 or WMA files but only records WMA files; it uses 1 AAA battery that only
lasts about 15 hours. I don't recall if the press release Donna sent said this
or not; I should have looked at it more closely. Too bad they didn't stick with
2 AAA's to make the battery life a bit longer.

Anybody willing to hazard a guess about why they decided not to record directly
to MP3 files? Is there a limitation of some sort? I always thought one file
format was about as easy to record as another; and I think WMA files are
These machines would really be ideal if they recorded directly to mP3's.