[bct] Olympus DS320 is here

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:32:47 -0800

Hi folks,

I just got the WS320; it came a month earlier than expected. I will talk about
it on a podcast after I get it figured out. What I know so far is:

It isn't as tall as the DS2; it's shorter, a little flatter, and a tiny bit
wider from left to right.

Speaker is on the front; battery compartment is on the back, and the cover
comes off completely; the DS2 cover will come off too, but is a little more
like a door with a little better fastening on it.

The two jacks are on the top instead of the DS2's one jack; left is headphones,
right is mike, I think I got them in the right sequence.

There is a big button on the front near the speaker but I don't know what it
is; near it are the up and down buttons, or forward and back, I guess depends
on what you are doing.

Three buttons on the right side; top to bottom: record, stop, play.

It comes apart to plug into a PC, but I haven't done that yet.

No case came with it. I was a little disappointed; guess I have to buy that

Left side, there are two switches; top is hold switch, bottom is voice or
music. Hold switch up position is off, down is on. Voice switch: up is music,
down is voice.

That's all I know so far. If anyone has a machine with similar design, I may
have to bug you to figure some things out. The 300, 310 and 320 all use the
same instruction book.