[bct] Re: Olympus 320M Podcast

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:48:15 -0800

Alan,

I agree; for the first month or two of high school, I used a tiny tape recorder to take notes, but I never had time to listen to them over again, so worked on my slate and stylus skills till I could take notes quickly and easily. I did that through high school, college and computer school, and in code inspections at work. I haven't used a slate in years, but still have the skill. It's worth the effort for anyone who can get used to it. It's the equivalent of a pencil for a sighted person. And it doesn't require batteries. And that old tape recorder was an old reel to reel, which was all they had back in 1965, and it never worked very well.

Mary